Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Psychopathy, not prodigy.

A few weeks ago, someone who once knew me very well told me i am not a prodigy. This came as an insult to me, as i have always considered myself very different. I couldn't ever place it, i just felt different. And special, so eccentric  and special. Then, i stumbled upon a TED talk about antisocial personality disorder. You know this better as psychopathy. Its common characteristics are:

  • Superficial charm
  • Delusions; irrational thinking
  • Nervous and neurotic manifestations
  • Unreliability
  • Untruthfulness
  • Poor judgement and failure to learn from experience
  • Egocentricity and inability to feel empathy or sympathy
  • Failure to follow life plans; failure to follow out long term goals
  • Sex life lacks true intimacy; very impersonal
  • Extreme and often uninviting behavior when provoked or uninhibited.
  • Compulsive lying; manipulation; ability to create false perceptions of oneself
This is me, and its how im different. Im just.. that fucked up. It ended up all making sense, once that happened. At least.. Well, at least now i know.
Inside my head, i am my own prodigy. But everywhere else, im just mentally ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment